Jaxson Ryker (Chad Lail) is currently receiving backlash both backstage and publicly from many in the wrestling world. This is due to his comments regarding Donald Trump and the civil unrest following the police-killing of George Floyd. According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Ryker will likely not be released from the company but the locker room is very upset with him.

“According to one person high up in the company, the belief is that Lail can’t be fired for expressing freedom of speech, but that the locker room is fuming at him,” wrote Dave Meltzer.

Ryker’s social media accounts have recently been made private. Before they were, however, previous comments began coming to light. A 2019 Facebook post from Ryker referred to Black Lives Matter as “garbage.”

“Pretty touchy subject but all this black lives matter garbage baffles me. I challenge anyone of any color or race to go watch 12 years a slave, the movie and realize how good you all actually have it. Learn heritage. Christ, Gandhi, Budda; they all Taught love and caring for others. This is getting out of hand. I Pray for this nation daily.”

The other members of the Forgotten Sons have commented on this situation as well. They are distancing themselves from Ryker. Steve Cutler made it clear he is his own person with his own thoughts and beliefs and Blake says he stands for justice for George Floyd.

Although I am part of a tag team while I wrestle, I am my own person with my own thoughts and beliefs. It pains me to see what’s going on in the world. I fought for the freedom of our country and ALL of the people who live here.

— Steve Cutler (@SteveCutlerWWE) June 2, 2020

I will never understand, however I Stand. #JusticeforGeorgesFloyd

— Wesley Blake (@TheWWEBlake) June 2, 2020