Already the Mayor of Longwood, Florida, Matt Morgan is throwing his hat in another political race. The former wrestler filed his paperwork at the elections office last week and is officially running for the Seminole County Commission District 1 seat. He was elected Mayor of Longwood in 2019.

“I want to be this county’s 7-foot 300-pound backbone,” Morgan said to News 13 Orlando. “And give them back the power and the decision-making process in Seminole County.”

“Not the jury, judge and executioner, I say that with all respect, I get along with Bob,”
Morgan continued to say about the current seat-holder Bob Dillari.

Matt Morgan wrestled with WWE from 2002-05. He was then with TNA from 2007 to 2013 and returned briefly to the company in 2015 and 2017. Morgan spoke to Spectrum News about his decision to run.

“I go where I feel that the residents of, whether its Seminole county or Longwood before that, call,” Morgan said. “Right now I feel I can be a bigger service to a bigger amount of people. Again, it goes back to my entire thesis behind being a public servant. If you are a true public servant you don’t make a career out of this. It’s about legit serving the public and being the people’s conduit and I am a living breathing 7-foot 300-pound conduit for Seminole County residents. That’s what I’m looking to do here.”