Wade Barrett is keeping the possibility of a return to in-ring action open.

The former WWE star recently did an interview for the Wrestling Inc. Daily Podcast where he noted that while he has put more of a focus on his acting career, he still has the ambition to perform in the ring.

“I am not retired in any sense of the word, in terms of pro wrestling. I love doing commentary, and I love working with NWA, as that’s been a goal of mine, for a long time,” said Bennett. “I started off in FCW working for Dusty Rhodes and being the color commentator down there in 2008 to 2009, and I’ve always loved it, ever since. So, I’m really enjoying working with NWA on that. Obviously, things are shut down at the moment, and I don’t know when it’s all coming back. But at some point, it will kick off again."

He continued, “In terms of in-ring, maybe at some point; if the right place, the right time, the right offer, comes in. Then, I can see myself dusting off the boots…I might need some new trunks, as they might have gotten thrown out, but I still have the boots.”

Barrett decided to leave WWE in 2016 and hasn’t wrestled a match since then. Part of that was due to his passion for acting as well as there not being many viable alternatives in terms of wrestling promotions in the United States.

Barrett has stayed in the pro wrestling business where he has worked as a wrestling commentator for various promotions.