Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Chikara Shutting Down In Wake Of Allegations

Popular independent promotion Chikara is finished. Promoter for the company, Mike Quackenbush and others from the company have been the subject of allegations as part of the #SpeakingOut movement. Quackenbush was also the head trainer at the Wrestle Factory school.

“I have been made aware of recent allegations about myself, and people in my employ.

I take all allegations seriously – whether they are about me, or members my team.

Addressing these with openness and transparency is of the utmost importance to me. So these matters can be given the proper time and attention, I am discontinuing CHIKARA and resigning as head trainer at the Wrestle Factory.

I’ll make a full statement on these matters in the near future.”

Multiple members of CHIKARA’s roster has resigned in the wake of the allegations. Hallowicked posted the following:

Effective Immediatley I am resigning from CHIKARA and The Wrestle Factory. While I do not believe any of the allegations levied are against me personally, I can not in good conscience continue my association with the group.

— Hallowicked (@Go2SleepyHollow) June 24, 2020

Former CHIKARA Grand Champion, Kimber Lee, posted the following:

I feel like it’s my fault. I feel like I was used to give women hope and to make Chikara look like a safe place. I’m just disgusted. Going to be thinking long and hard about the rest of my future today. I love you all

— Kimber Lee ? (@Kimber_Lee90) June 24, 2020

She resigned from the company with the following Tweet:

I’m just sick. As of now I can not in good conscience remain a part of @CHIKARApro and it’s absolutely breaking my heart. Consider this my resignation as the princess. Don’t know if I will be back on here today. This one really really hurts.

— Kimber Lee ? (@Kimber_Lee90) June 24, 2020

“Effective Immediately I am resigning from CHIKARA. I gave everything I had to the company, and while I do not believe any of the allegations levied are against me personally. I can not in good conscience continue with this company. Thank you for the years of support"
    , wrote Frightmare on Twitter.

“I can barely make it off the couch/floor. My heart is broken. So many are hurting. I wish I could take all the pain away from everyone who is down. I wish I could make things better,” wrote Gentleman Jervis.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

This is sad news. One of the most original wrestling promotions in history.

I remember Chikara being popular around 6-10 years ago, but it seems to have fallen in the last few years. When was the last time they had a big US star?

^^ That was never the product Chikara went for, but they had some big names wrestling for them these past seasons. And they hosted the biggest tag team tournament in the business, even WWE stars competed one year. It's so sad it's coming to an end