Marvelous" Mitch Ryder has passed away. He was 48.

Ian Rotten announced the news on Facebook. Ryder last worked in 2016 at IWA Mid-South Time To Play The Piper. He also worked in CHIKARA and is a former USWO Heavyweight Champion.

Many wrestlers took to social media to pay tribute to Ryder including Drew Gulak, Mance Warner, and Chris Hero.

Mitch Ryder was a rare breed that could work an old school style but still thrive while working with a younger generation in front of a contemporary crowd. His passion was evident and he was a pleasure to watch.

Rest in Peace --

— brett lauderdale (@Lauderdale11) August 6, 2020

This really sucks Mitch Ryder was one of the people that taught me so much his promos backstage at IWA midsouth old school calling it on the fly I’ll never forget him telling me if ya late get some oil on ya hands tell em your truck broke down better late then not showing up

— Mance Warner (@ManceWarner) August 6, 2020

RIP #MitchRyder Class act, stood up for the boys, took care of me in the ring, gave me my first real outside booking, and will be missed.

— Lince Dorado (@LuchadorLD) August 6, 2020

RIP Mitch Ryder.

— EVIL UNO of the DARK ORDER (@EvilUno) August 6, 2020

Mitch Ryder was one of a kind. I spent a few short years around him & have a lifetime of stories. He was always good to me and an absolute PLEASURE to watch in his element.

You know how Falcon Arrow = HE DID THE DEAL... That came from Mitch. Rest In Peace, friend ----

— Chris Hero (Is Back) (@ChrisHero) August 6, 2020

RIP to "Marvelous" Mitch Ryder. Anytime I get to share a ring with @LuchadorLD I do a little tribute to Mitch. He used to take the time to run seminars with all of the CHIKARA talent before the shows because he wanted to help everyone get better.

— Drew Gulak (@DrewGulak) August 6, 2020