Brian Myers, formerly known as Curt Hawkins in WWE, returned to Impact Wrestling for the first time since 2015 during Tuesday night’s show.

Myers jumped right into the deep end of Impact Wrestling by answering an open challenge by World Champion Eddie Edwards. Myers put up a good fight, but Edwards ultimately put him away with his Boston Knee Party finisher.

Below you can see footage of Brian Myers answering the open challenge of Impact World Champion Eddie Edwards:

Curt Hawkins’ first run with WWE started in 2006 and it ended in 2014. The former WWE star spent most of his time during this run on the various development territories of the company.

After his release from the company, Myers had returned to the independent circuit and he had a short run with Impact Wrestling in 2015 as well where he represented the GFW promotion.

Hawkins was brought back by WWE in July 2016 and he has been making regular appearances on WWE TV ever since.

However, his latest run came to a halt due to coronavirus and the company released him as part of their budget cuts in April earlier this year.

Myers has been teasing his wrestling return in the past few weeks and he has been promoting himself as the “most professional wrestler” on social platforms.

Now it would be interesting to see if he ends up being a regular performer for Impact after his return and if his latest run lasts longer than his previous stint.

No shame in losing to @TheEddieEdwards. He’s one of the best. But, so am I. I’ll be @IMPACTWRESTLING Champion soon enough. I’m the most professional wrestler. Enjoy the ride. #IMPACTonAXSTV

— Brian Myers (@Myers_Wrestling) August 12, 2020