Weeks after being drafted to WWE’s Raw brand, Matt Riddle is the latest WWE wrestler to have his name shortened. Matt Riddle is now known as simply, Riddle. The change was made official on Thursday.

As you’d expect, fans complained on social media about the change. There were memes, including several likening Riddle to ‘Batman’ character, The Riddler.

The Original Bro must have seen the outcry, because he sent out a tweet assuring people that ‘its all good’ and he actually prefers the streamlined name.

People it’s okay I’ve been called Riddle most my life, I actually prefer it and it’s my real last name #bro #stallion #RIDDLE

— matthew riddle (@SuperKingofBros) October 29, 2020

Matt Riddle is just the latest wrestler to have his ring name slimmed down by WWE. Other active stars who have received the same treatment include Big E (Langston), Andrade (“Cien” Almas), (Buddy) Murphy and (Antonio) Cesaro.

Riddle lost to Sheamus on this week’s RAW in a match to qualify for ‘Team Raw’ at Survivor Series.According to a report by Fightful, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was said to be very impressed with Riddle’s performance in the match. In addition to the name change, Riddle’s character will be getting a more serious presentation in the months ahead.