Braun Strowman was reportedly in line for a WWE Championship opportunity at the upcoming TLC pay-per-view. However, WWE announced a storyline suspension for the big man after he delivered a head-butt to producer Adam Pearce. According to Wrestling Observer Radio, the reason for the alleged change may stem from a potential injury.

“I have not got anything confirmed [but] there’s a story going around that there was an injury and that this tournament was a last-minute thing because Strowman was gonna get the title shot but he’s injured and that’s why they did the headbutt thing and the suspension to cover up an injury.”
– Dave Meltzer

WWE Champion Drew McIntyre’s opponent will now be determined via a Triple Threat match scheduled for next week’s Raw. This week’s episode featured a series of one-on-one bouts. The winners of each match earned a place in the triple threat.
Braun Strowman’s Potential TLC Opportunity

It was explained that if Strowman is medically cleared before the pay-per-view, he may ultimately get the WWE Championship shot against McIntyre at TLC. If not, however, WWE already has a contingency plan in place.

“I don’t even know if the injury story is legit. The story is that he got a knee injury at the elimination match [at Survivor Series] but I don’t know that the story is accurate. I’ve heard it, I heard that what was the tournament was for but it still could just be a storyline and Braun is getting the title shot anyway.”

Braun Strowman competed during last Sunday’s Survivor Series pay-per-view. He participated in the traditional 5-on-5 elimination matchup representing Team Raw.

Team Raw would soundly defeat Team SmackDown with a clean sweep victory.