AEW Champion Kenny Omega and ‘The Invisible Hand’ Don Callis recently appeared on Chris Jericho’s Talk Is Jericho podcast. The duo discussed a number of topics during the podcast, including Omega’s recent match in AAA, Don Callis’ ‘megaplan’ and the NJPW match between Jericho/Omega that ‘changed the wrestling industry.’

During the show Omega would discuss appearing at AAA’s TripleMania event. The show took place earlier this month, with Kenny Omega defending his AAA Mega Championship against Laredo Kid. The show took place in an empty arena setting at the Arena Ciudad de México in Mexico City, Mexico.

“One of the things that made the Mexican experience for me going there [originally] was not knowing what to expect from the crowd” Omega would begin on the podcast. “It’s always gonna be different, every country is. I’ve had great experiences in Canada, the US, Japan. Chile was another place that blew me away with just how crazy those fans can get, and it fills you with all kinds of energy but Mexico is very unique.”

“They’re loud from the start to the finish”
Omega continued. “So for me to kind of have my first experience at TripleMania quite some time ago in front of 35,000 people? It was incredible.”

Omega would then describe entering the same building with no fans recently. “So to go to that same building for another TripleMania? We’re in the same building, but it is very close quarters, a very intimate setting. It looked like we’re going to appear on a talk show! There’s commentary people but we also had a couple like big wig executive guys sitting on sofas around the ring. We had to deal with the commentary guys at a booth, they had the plexiglass separation between each other for social distancing and all that, but to be there with that without that noise? It was odd.”

Kenny Omega would finish by comparing the experience to that of AEW’s Dailys Place. Originally the Jacksonville arena was devoid of fans due to the ongoing pandemic issues. “I feel like the practice that we’d had here in Jacksonville? It’s sort of just made it like any other day” Omega stated. “Aside from the ring and noticing that we have some ropes angled at you, rather than it being a box? That was really the only difference, but it felt like just another day at the office because I’d actually wrestled Laredo Kid twice in two multi man matches.”