AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes recently appeared on Chris Jericho‘s Talk Is Jericho podcast. Cody would discuss a number of topics during the interview, including the fact that he was Brodie Lee‘s final match in professional wrestling.

Cody of course faced Brodie Lee in a Dog Collar Match on AEW Dynamite; this was Cody’s return bout after being defeated handily by Lee on the show a month prior. The angle was set up so that Cody could go and record the ‘Go Big Show,’ making sure that the production was adhering to COVID-19 protocols.

“I hated the fact that I was his last match” Cody Rhodes would begin on the podcast. “Like, I loved it, and I love that feeling. But, I also hated it, because god, we were all denied all these other great matches.” Interestingly, Cody Rhodes actually defeated Brodie Lee/Luke Harper in his first ever television loss in WWE; so Brodie’s first and last televised losses came at the hands of Cody Rhodes.

“I wasn’t confident in that…obviously he could have continued and been better and done more stuff and I could have [gone on] to be better” Cody continued, lamenting how far he and Brodie Lee could’ve gone together in their feud and AEW in general. “I hate it, but love that I shared that moment with him.”

Cody Rhodes would finish by stating how bittersweet it was to have the main event match against Brodie Lee on that Dynamite; something that Brodie Lee had worked his whole career for and the reason he left WWE, to get to the main event. “Now I look at it [the match] more with a reverence and love. Just because, he got to go out…the thing he wanted the most? He got to go out on top. Which is great.”