Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Will John Cena ever come back to WWE or is it all about his movie career now?

Will John Cena ever come back to WWE or is it all about his movie career now? Deja vu of The Rock?

During a conversation with Forbes to discuss his Super Bowl commercial, John Cena stated that he was wrong a year ago in stating that he believed WWE wouldn't have new marquee stars going forward, naming Drew McIntyre, Sasha Banks and Roman Reigns as three who have evolved to the point they can rise to that level.

Cena commented:

“What do I think of the WWE product right now? I love it. I think it’s bold, it’s forcing people to take chances. Forbes did an article on me back in 2020 where I had said that I don’t believe that WWE will ever have a marquee star. And here we are, less than a year later, and I can blatantly say I was wrong. You want to talk about being too close to the product? I was just too close. Having seen it, having lived it myself, I should have just realized that the company is in transition. It takes a long time—I would say it’s three-and-a-half years or more—to build a certain talent because I’ve walked in those shoes. Now you have Drew McIntyre and Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks can be in that conversation, but it’s not what I said it was in 2020. It’s not a scattered fragment of Super Friends. WWE has just refocused, re-shifted and now is consolidating on marquee stars. They have their marquee stars, and going forward they will have their big names. As far as those names being larger than life, the enormity of their impact is up to the individuals themselves.”

On his own involvement in WWE going forward, Cena commented:

“If this were normal times, I would 100% be there. I’d find a way to contribute somehow. I’ve sat in the crowd as a fan. I’ll do whatever the event asks me to because it means that much to me, and WWE means that much to me, but I’m in Vancouver shooting Peacemaker for HBO Max. It’s a spinoff series based on my character from Suicide Squad, Peacemaker. It’s an unbelievable opportunity, James Gunn has written the whole thing, he’s directing a bunch of the episodes. This is something that I’m inspired to do. Because of the quarantine law, if I were to fly to the states for Sunday on WrestleMania—which is totally possible—the complications arrive when I come back to Canada. Because then I would have to quarantine for 14 days and that puts production back more than two weeks, which costs a boatload of money, and that would be super, super, super selfish of me.”

Eventually he will come back to work some matches. It would be stupid to think otherwise. Just think of all the others who did. HBK, Goldberg, Rock, Edge etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Eventually he will come back to work some matches. It would be stupid to think otherwise. Just think of all the others who did. HBK, Goldberg, Rock, Edge etc.
    I guess so, I do not think full time but may do matches leading up to a Wrestlemania etc.

He should never
    RIP Bray Wyatt

President Vivek Ramaswamy

Quote Originally Posted by MOX View Post
    He should never
    lol The little fans would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOX View Post
    He should never
    Rather him than for example Goldberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Rather him than for example Goldberg.
    If any of them get offered enough money .. they will come. lol