HBO Max’s “Snyder Cut” of Justice League isn’t the only Zack Snyder movie on the way this year, as his new zombie film Army of the Dead is headed to Netflix this summer.

Empire shares a new image of star Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy) in Snyder’s Army of the Dead today, pictured with co-star Matthias Schweighöfer.

Bautista tells the outlet, “I’m a zombie fan. I tried to get on Walking Dead for years. I said I would come and play a zombie for free, but they said, ‘You’re too big!’ For me, there had to be something special about a zombie film for me to sign up. What sets us apart is the heist. But there’s a whole bunch of different layers to this film.”

In the film…

“Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.”

Snyder told EW, “It is a full-blown, balls-to-the-wall zombie heist movie, so it’s genre-on-genre in a great way. So you expect pure zombie mayhem, and you get that, 100 percent. But also you get these really amazing characters on a fantastic journey. It’s going to surprise people that there’s a lot of warmth and real emotion with these great characters.”

From the director of Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, and Man of Steel, comes Army of the Dead, starring Dave Bautista, Ella Purnell, Omari Hardwick, Ana De La Reguera, Theo Rossi, Matthias Schweighöfer, Nora Arnezeder, Hiroyuki Sanada, Garret Dillahunt, Tig Notaro, Raúl Castillo, Huma Qureshi, Samantha Win, Richard Cetrone and Michael Cassidy.

Army of the Dead is also getting a live-action prequel *and* an animated prequel series.