Oprah's 90-minute interview on America's CBS with Harry and Meghan has commentators and critics on both side of the Atlantic divided.

In the movie-length interview, major bombshells were dropped.

Markle addressed claims of racism, her struggle with mental health and being silenced.

While Harry weighed-in on the fallout inside the royal family and of feeling "trapped".

"They had a lot to get off their chest and they did," former palace insider Dickie Arbiter told A Current Affair.

US Entertainment commentator Sam Ruben said he believes the interview was "perhaps the best performance of Meghan Markle's career".

And Mr Arbiter said while he thinks Oprah got the truth out of the couple, there's still going to be questions about the way things happened.

"There was a lot of issues raised and there will be a lot of questions asked and there will be screaming headlines in the papers," he said.

And he wasn't wrong, with the Brits waking up to a barrage of opinions - including from outspoken morning breakfast host Piers Morgan, who let rip on the royal runaways.

"The fact she's portraying the Royal Family as a bunch of racists is the most incendiary charge I've seen in my career," he said.

Morgan's comments come in response to Markle's explosive claims when asked by Winfrey about whether race had anything to do with son Archie not receiving security or a title.

"In his months when I was pregnant, all around those same times … he won't be given security, he is not going to be given a title and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he is born," Markle told Winfrey.

However, neither her or Harry would reveal who was behind the comments when Winfrey asked, "who is having that conservation with you"? With the source of the comments remaining a secret.

Markle's claims about racial undertones through the hallways of Buckingham Palace has drawn a strong rebuke from not only Morgan but also from Mr Arbiter, who worked at the palace for 12 years.

"I never came across it … but individuals have individual opinions," he said.

"I don't think the royals themselves have it, but there's no accounting for individuals in the house or the officials have it."

But on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, Mr Ruben said the allegations might just stick with American viewers.

"So much of this is being framed through the lens of everyone who has watched The Crown … so if you believe The Crown ... then maybe you are likely to believe this, I think many people will believe it," he said.

"People have a tendency to defend their home turf ... people on her turf, are saying look we are on her side."

Mr Arbiter believes while media in the US and UK may be divided, the people will likely be more empathetic towards Markle.

"I think there will be a certain amount of sympathy for Meghan given she did think of being suicidal. She almost broke down, but she managed to hold it together," Mr Arbiter said.

nine.com.au