Samantha Markle has unleashed on her “sociopathic” sister after Meghan criticised her and their father Thomas for their “betrayal”.

Meghan Markle has finally given insight into what really happened between her and her father Thomas and the events that led to their relationship breakdown.

And her family are furious about what she revealed, with half-sister Samantha Markle unloading in a savage radio interview this morning.

In previously unseen footage released by CBS from Meghan and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah, the Duchess of Sussex gave a rare insight into her relationship with her family and how her royal status caused a rift with her dad.

Meghan said the UK tabloids became “obsessed” with anything from her world, including trying to track down her parents.

She said she did what she could to protect them from the media frenzy but the press were offering people exorbitant amounts of money to give up his address.

“Once they did, I remember being told there was a huge headline like, ‘We found him’ or ‘We’ve got him.’ You’re talking about someone’s father,” Meghan said.

“And from that point, the tabloids, they moved into the apartment next door and across from him. Descended on this small town. The whole thing brings us to where we are today.”

Meghan Markle with her parents Thomas Markle and Doria Ragland.

NO RELATIONSHIP WITH HALF-SISTER

Meghan also briefly spoke about her half-sister Samantha Markle, who has continually spoken in a negative way about her to the press.

Samantha has launched multiple attacks on Meghan over the years, labelling her a “wealthy narcissist”, “Cruella de Vil”, and even going as far to say if their father dies then it will be “on her”.

Meghan said she and Samantha never lived together when they were younger, adding she grew up as an only child and always wished she had siblings around.

“I would have loved to have had siblings, that’s why I’m so excited to be pregnant, so Archie has someone,” she said.

Meghan said the last time she saw Samantha would have been 18 or 19 years ago and before that they hadn’t seen each other for 10 years.

She revealed her sister only changed her last name back to Markle after Meghan started dating Harry.

“She changed her last name back to Markle in – I think she was in her early fifties at that time – only when I started dating Harry,” Meghan said. “So I think that says enough.”

However, it appears Samantha wasted no time in contradicting her half-sisters claims while also labelling her a “narcissist” and a “sociopath”.

Samantha spoke to Fifi, Fev & Nick on Melbourne radio station The Fox on Tuesday morning where she shot down many of Meghan’s claims.

Samantha rubbished Meghan’s claim that they haven’t seen each other in almost 20 years, claiming they saw each other in 2008.

“She had said she hadn’t seen Samantha for 18 years. Well she was at my graduation from my bachelor degree, there was so many photos in the media that are like salience about that and that was 2008 so don’t know about you but 2008 to now is not 18 years,” she said.

Samantha also stated her last name has been Markle since 1964, hitting back at the claim she only changed it back to Markle after Meghan and Harry started dating.

She went on to suggest her Meghan has narcissistic personality disorder, suggesting she “needs to see a counsellor”.

“I feel sorry for Harry. He fell victim to her negligence and I will say sociopaths. She pulled him away from his family, all of his friends, the life that he knew,” Samantha told the radio show.

“He reminds me of one of those kidnap victims who eventually starts to believe that their life was so horrible and they’re in love with their captor!”

MEGHAN ON DAD’S ‘BETRAYAL

During the interview, Oprah asked the 39-year-old if she felt “betrayed” by her father after she found out he was working with the tabloids.

Thomas Markle spoke to the press about his daughter before the royal wedding, which he did not attend for health reasons, and then after the wedding he allowed them to publish a private letter Meghan had written begging him to stop talking to the press.

Meghan claims when she asked her father if he had leaked information to the press ahead of the wedding, he denied it.

“If we’re going to use the word betrayal it’s because when I asked him [he denied it],” she said.

Meghan also claimed the tabloids had held on to the stories provided by her father until the Sunday before her wedding, in order to create as much drama as possible, adding they don’t report the news, they “create the news”.

Thomas Markle and Meghan.

Meghan said when she called her dad to ask him if he had spoken to the press he said “absolutely not”.

“I just need you to tell me. And if you tell me the truth, we can help,” she recalls telling her father.

“I said, you know, the institution has never intervened for anything for us, but they can try to go in and kill this story. But if they do this once, we’re not going to be able to use that same leverage to protect our own kids one day.”

Meghan said the fact that her father wouldn’t tell the truth in order to protect his daughter and future grandchildren had a major impact on her.

“Me saying just full stop, if we use this to protect you, we won’t be able to protect our own children one day. Well, I’m talking about your grandchildren, so I can’t – I mean, I look at Archie. I think about this child and I go I can’t, I genuinely can’t imagine doing anything to intentionally cause pain to my child,” she said.

Meghan praised her mother Doria Ragland for the way she has handled herself, saying she remained in “silent dignity” and refused to speak to the press.

Samantha is also releasing what she claims is a tell-all book about her half-sister, titled The Diary of Princess Pushy’s Sister, which the 56-year-old promised will expose “hidden truths” about the Markle family.

However, Meghan has cast doubt on how much truth will be in her half-sister’s book, claiming they haven’t seen each other in almost two decades.

“I think it would be very hard to tell all when you don’t know me. I mean, this is a very different situation than my dad, right? When you talk about betrayal, betrayal comes from someone that you have a relationship with,” Meghan told Oprah.

“I don’t feel comfortable talking about people that I really don’t know.”

news.com.au