There are calls for Sharon Osbourne to be fired from a US talk show after an angry on-air argument about the Piers Morgan/Meghan Markle saga.

Osbourne has been one of the few celebs to speak out in defence of Piers Morgan after he left ITV, tweeting: “I am with you. I stand by you. People forget that you’re paid for your opinion and that you’re just speaking your truth.”

In scenes just aired during chat show The Talk in the US, Osbourne is seen snapping at black co-host Sheryl Underwood as the pair discuss whether Morgan’s Meghan outbursts were racist.

Osbourne’s behaviour saw her dubbed “Karen Osbourne” in a clip going viral this morning.

“I will ask you again, Sheryl – I’ve been asking you during the break, and I’m asking you again. And don’t try and cry, because if anyone should be crying, it should be me,” Osbourne warned her co-host.

“You tell me, educate me, when you have heard (Piers) say racist things. Educate me! Tell me!” she screamed, as her co-host calmly offered an explanation in response.

“It is not the exact words of racism, it’s the implication and the reaction to it. To not want to address that because she was a black woman, to try and dismiss it, that’s what makes it racist,” said Underwood.

“But right now, I’m talking to a woman who I believe is my friend. And I don’t want anybody to watch this and (think) we’re attacking you for being racist.”

“I think it’s too late, I think that seed’s already sown,” said Osbourne.

The talk show host copped a swift backlash from viewers:

Piers Morgan today responded to Osbourne’s earlier tweet in support of him, writing: “When stuff like this happens, true friends run towards you, fake friends run away. I love Sharon Osbourne because she always stays true to herself.

“She knew she would get abused by the woke brigade for tweeting this – but did it anyway because it what she believes.”

Morgan lashed out again at Markle to reporters outside his home, saying he was willing to “fall on his sword” after “agreeing to disagree” with ITV over apologising for his on-air rant about Meghan.

Piers Morgan walks off during live filming of Good Morning Britain after conflict with Alex Beresford over Morgans comments on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Oprah interview

“I don’t believe almost anything that comes out of (Meghan’s) mouth and I think the damage she’s done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and frankly contemptible,” he said.

“If I have to fall on my sword for expressing an honestly held opinion about Meghan Markle and that diatribe of bilge that she came out with in that interview, so be it.”

news.com.au