Surfing legend Kelly Slater has ripped into the royal family with a cruel sledge — delivered in possibly the most Aussie forum imaginable.

Kelly Slater just dropped in on the royal family.

As the world comes to grips with the bombshells dropped by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in their explosive interview with Oprah this week, the surfing icon has joined the chorus of celebrities and sportspeople weighing into the royal feud.

There were accusations of racism within the royal family and claims Meghan was told by Buckingham Palace not to seek help for her mental health, even as she revealed she had suicidal thoughts.

The interview and subsequent fallout have dominated headlines all week and popular Australian satirical site The Betoota Advocate got in on the action, posting an article about Harry and Meghan with the headline: “So basically now we are left with nothing but a multimillion dollar Netflix deal and heaps of nice clothes.”

Slater was keeping a keen eye on things and went rogue in the comments section of the Instagram post, even bringing Princess Diana’s alleged former lover James Hewitt into the mix.

“I’d be mad too if I was James Hewitt’s unacknowledged, illegitimate kid, got essentially kidnapped and held hostage by the royal family, was forced to pretend that boring, square Prince Charles was my dad all those years, then they cut off my trust fund, and disapproved of my hot, American wife cause it didn’t fit into their ongoing inbreeding program,” Slater wrote.

“Did I miss anything?”

Talk about a royal burn.

Slater’s crack comes after tennis superstar Serena Williams launched a passionate defence of her friend Meghan.

“Meghan Markle, my selfless friend, lives her life – and leads by example – with empathy and compassion,” Williams wrote earlier this week.

“She teaches me every day what it means to be truly noble. Her words illustrate the pain and cruelty she’s experienced.

“I know first hand the sexism and racism institutions and the media use to vilify women and people of colour to minimise us, to break us down and demonise us.

“We must recognise our obligation to decry malicious, unfounded gossip and tabloid journalism. The mental health consequences of systemic oppression and victimisation are devastating, isolating and all too often lethal.

“I want Meghan’s daughter, my daughter and your daughter to live in a society that is driven by respect.

“Keep in your memory the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

news.com.au