The new Impact X-Division Champion Ace Austin spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated shortly before his big victory at last night’s Impact Sacrifice.

Also a former X-Division Champion, Austin has been compared to WWE Superstar AJ Styles for his in-ring creativity.

“I’m constantly compared to AJ Styles, and I’m compared to the best because I am the best,” Austin said. “But it’s like your earlier question. I’m compared to him, but I am not in his shadow. I’m creating something special my own way.”

Austin may have a title of his own right now, but there’s always going to the next level as the Impact World Champion, something Ace says he’s ready for.

“100%, and I was ready at Slammiversary,” Austin recalled. “I was ready to become the youngest World Champion in the history of this company, and that’s something I am still pursuing. But there was one good thing that came out of my loss at Slammiversary. I call myself ‘The Inevitable’ and that means it is only a matter of time before I am world champion. So it is inevitable that this eventually happens.”