Paul Heyman is one of the most influential wrestling managers of the modern era. He is a prominent figure on the current WWE programming as the special counselor to Universal Champion Roman Reigns.

However, the former ECW owner’s current contract with the company is set to expire in the next couple of months. A lot of people have been wondering how his negotiations with the company are going.

Heyman appeared on Sports Media with Richard Deitsch this week. He was asked if we will continue to see him on WWE programming for the forseable future.

“One would certainly hope so; I’ve always tried to avoid negotiating in public. I understand why some people do it though.”

Brock Lesnar‘s former Advocate recalls that nobody knew when he left WWE in 2006. Heyman and WWE intentionally kept his negotiations private. He explained why he believes it is best to conduct his business behind closed doors.

“I just don’t think it does WWE or Paul Heyman any good for me to negotiate a contract and agreement through the media in public. It doesn’t serve anybody. It’s not what I’m here to do. I’m an entertaining, or a director [and] producer of talent. I don’t think that’s what the public turns to me for.”

He continued by saying that he loves his current role with Roman Reigns. He also enjoys his role on the Talking Smack talk show. Heyman would be a hot free agent if he left WWE, but he is “boldly confident that I’ll be continuing in those roles.”

Paul Heyman’s contract last expired after WrestleMania 34 but he was resigned by the company. Considering his current roles on WWE programming, the belief is that he will re-sign with the promotion.