The Undertaker made his latest WWE appearance at the Survivor Series pay-per-view event in which was promoted by WWE as his “Final Farewell.”

Taker started out by saying for 30 years he has walked to the ring to lay people to rest. He said that now his time has come to let The Undertaker rest in peace.

Many fans were somewhat disappointed by the fact that The Deadman didn’t say much considering it was his retirement speech. While speaking on the Victory Over Injury Podcast, The Undertaker talked about this.

“I’d already come to peace with my decision, but it was really real once I put the hat and coat on. Knowing I was putting the hat and coat on for the last time and walking to the ring in that capacity, it was tough.

It was probably best that I didn’t say much more than I did or I would have killed 30 years of work and turning into a blubbering idiot. It was a tough moment. I had already come to grips with the fact that I had gotten everything out of this sponge that you’re going to get, but when I put the hat and the coat on, things feel different. ‘I might have one more in me.’ No, that was it.”

At the ceremony, Vince McMahon did a short introduction speech then various legends that are close friends with Taker came out only to disappear before Taker came out to the ring.