Ever since his release from WWE last month speculation has been rife about where Andrade is likely to head. The talented superstar has a history on both sides of the globe where is he held in high regard by Japanese and Mexican fans.

If a recent tweet from the Mexican star is anything to go by, it is exactly these two countries where he is most likely to head. A video tweeted by Andrade showed a collection clips from his past mainly featuring moments from Mexico and Japan.

What is most interesting is the first clip in the collection that showed his unmasking at the hands of Atlantis back at the CMLL anniversary show in 2015, and the words the third-generation wrestler used.

“I’m back and it’s time to remember who I was and travel the world to achieve my goals.“

If those words are a portent of anything, then maybe we will not be ‘seeing’ Andrade any time soon if he returns to his previously successful masked persona.

There are strong ties for La Sombra to both Mexico (with CMLL) and Japan (with NJPW) as he was the man who created the Los Ingobernables the stable where Tetsuya Naito spent his time during his excursion and led to the creation of the LIJ (Los Ingobernables de Japon) faction. With the forbidden door now wide open, this connection already has great storytelling potential.

It has already been confirmed that Andrade was not subject the normal 90 post release clause, which means fans could have the answers they seek sooner rather than later.