Former WWE star Sin Cara has been talking about his interest in working with AEW. Talking in an interview the Mexican star said that while he had not been contacted just yet, he is open to talks and ready to make the move to the Florida based promotion should opportunity come calling.

I’m excited for the future and if they ever contact me, I’m here. He knows my number, Cody knows my number. Lot of the boys there know my number.

Sin Cara’s interest is not a surprising move given the exposure AEW is getting and their willingness to let stars wrestle for other promotions also. Since his departure from WWE the luchador has changed his gimmick to Cinta de Oro a character that has been represented by several wrestlers over the years.

With AEW already boasting a wealth of Latin talent and ties to AAA there is clear potential for the star to talk his way into a match or two. His recent twitter post hinted at something maybe being in the works.

The only thing that might make AEW hesitant to offer the star a shot is his history as being a bit of a hothead behind the scenes. He was famously instructed to undergo anger management therapy during his WWE run, after altercations with Simon Gotch and more worryingly, Chris Jericho.

With wrestling being a business where who you know is very important, the sin (Cara) of the past may return to hamper his future.

Time will tell if there will be a debut in his future, but with such a wealth of talent already filling out the different AEW shows, you have to wonder if they need a man who was never anything more than a low mid-tier talent.