Matt Hardy is arguably one of the most innovative wrestlers of the current era. Jim Cornette, on the other hand, has been frequently critical of the current state of the wrestling business. The two have been clashing on social media as of late.

Ironically, this all started when Matt Hardy put out a Tweet encouraging people to not be so negative online.

If you read/watch someone’s take & you dislike it, why would you waste any of your time to negatively comment on it? This is odd. Move on. People believe differently than you, whether you accept it or not. Unless someone’s being unethical & immoral, let people live their life.

— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 2, 2021

This led to someone commenting that Hardy sometimes is sometimes critical of Jim Cornette online.

In the past, I’ve responded to some of his cult over their #BROKEN Matt hate to enhance my heel persona. Done with that. Diehard @AEW fans view me as a heel, so I’m just gonna be me, be real going forward. Had great respect for JC early on, not into his current shock jock gig.

Naturally, this led to Jim Cornette responding.

“Not a gig, Matt, just my real opinions since I’m done with this dog & pony show some of you guys call wrestling these days. A shame what’s happened to the business. Had great respect for you when you didn’t teleport to other dimensions and change clothes in a fucking ice machine,” Cornette Tweeted.

To each their own. You’re entitled to your opinion & I’m entitled to mine.

Things then started back up in the thread this morning. Hardy sent out the following at 9:30 AM.

The clock keeps moving forward, times will always change.. Either you adapt & change with them, or you end up stuck living in the past.

— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 3, 2021

“Your principles will always be tested by people who care more about fame than integrity or money instead of what’s right. Cash in & be a whore or stand up for what you believe in and have a bunch of stupid idiots say you “can’t change.” Words of wisdom. Also don’t do stupid shit,”
Cornette responded to Hardy’s Tweet.

My principles have never been better, Jim. I believe in enjoying life & providing the absolute best for my family. That’s what I’m doing. I’ll keep doing that regardless of you.

You "hate" & are done with @AEW? You’ll keep watching. You have to. It fuels your shock jock gig.

— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 3, 2021

Wasn't talking just the Lollipop Guild you work for Matt, I mean ALL of this horseshit, your company & it's amateur booker are just the most egregious. Sorry you have to do shit like this to provide for your family, it must be a rotten feeling. I enjoy speaking my TRUE opinions.

— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) May 3, 2021