The season finale of MLW Fusion airs this Wednesday on YouTube. It will be the final first-run show for the next two months.

MLW boss Court Bauer recently announced that the promotion will take a hiatus until July, when the return in front of a packed house at Philadelphia’s 2300 Arena.

With the “Season Finale” show falling on Cinco de Mayo, MLW is teasing a big angle involving Azteca Underground.

This Wednesday is Cinco de Mayo!!! A day of grand festivities and consequences.

— Azteca Underground (@AZTECALucha) May 1, 2021

Scheduled for this week’s show is Myron Reed challenging Lio Rush for the World middleweight title. Richard Holliday will also be in action although an opponent has yet to be named.

The Azteca Underground angle is expected to make a big impact in the promotion shortly. Last week on MLW Fusion, Salina de la Renta escaped from El Jefe’s handlers via helicopter after falling out of favor with the organization.

That’s it … I’m outta here. I’m above all this bullshit, no more “EL JEFE” that never gets shit done himself, no more being a “TEAM PLAYER” for an ungrateful company. I’M OUT …. next stop…

Stay tuned ??@MasterCulebra thank you for being my most loyal ally.

— Natalia Class (@salinadelarenta) April 29, 2021

The Lucha Underground style faction has yet to reveal who “El Jefe” is but many are speculating it could be Dario Cueto. Konnan is expected to return to the promotion shortly as well.

In addition to the Azteca Underground angle, MLW is said to be looking to freshen up its roster. PW Insider noted that the company is in the midst of negotiating with new talent. An MLW source stated the company is looking to have “a focus on bringing in high profile talent.”

Calvin Tankman is said to have impressed a lot of people in MLW as well. He had a high-profile match against Jacob Fatu for the MLW World Heavyweight Championship at Never Say Never.

The biggest match the company is building to continues to be Alexander Hammerstone challenging Jacob Fatu. It is rumored that this match could take place on a special event broadcast on DAZN.