Sammy Guevara has done a lot during his tenure with AEW thus far and has much more to accomplish in his pro wrestling career. With great success also comes with challenges.

He has faced this in the way of criticism among fans, which has led to the label attached to his name as being a dangerous performer. Most notably, last August, he tossed a chair towards the head of Matt Hardy that resulted in the future Hall of Famer needing to get stitches as he used the wrong chair that wasn’t gimmicked.

“The Matt stuff, a bunch of unfortunate stuff happened there,” Guevara said during an appearance on Wrestling Inc. Daily “It was almost like we were cursed for a minute.”

He recalled how they had a great match at Double or Nothing last year and that’s what people forget. One minute, nothing bad happened then all of a sudden other things started happening including the Broken Rules Match at All Out where Hardy was knocked out after a botched table spot.

“It is what it is man. People can have their opinions. That’s their right. I know who I am. It’s wrestling. This isn’t the easiest of things to do, and I know everybody wants to be safe and stuff, but this stuff is dangerous to do. As much as everyone wants to be like, ‘He’s dangerous.’ There’s a reason I’m in the ring. These people are not. What we do is very dangerous, and there’s a reason I’m doing this dangerous thing and they’re watching this dangerous thing.”

Guevara will be part of the Inner Circle vs. Pinnacle Blood and Guts match this Wednesday night on Dynamite.