WWE RAW Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley recently appeared on the Out of Character podcast with Ryan Satin. The Australian Superstar discussed a number of topics during the interview, including how she is struggling to come out of her shell whilst on the WWE ‘main’ roster.

In NXT, Rhea Ripley had a character that was far more about doing the talking in-ring. As the RAW Women’s Champion and now part of the Monday Night brand, Ripley needs to address some of the shortcomings that she has on the microphone and as a ‘presence.’

“My confidence isn’t huge in my everyday life” Rhea Ripley began speaking to Satin. “I’m a really shy person and I’m not good at keeping a conversation and being a larger-than-life person.”

“When I’m in the ring, that’s where I get all my confidence and where I get to be Rhea Ripley”
The WWE RAW Women’s Champion noted. “But still myself, which is weird to say out loud because it doesn’t make sense but then it does when you’re there doing it.”

“I want to be myself, as in Rhea Ripley
” she concluded. “But I want to have that confidence that everyone else seems to have all the time. I’m working on it.”

Rhea Ripley seems to indicate here that she is taking classes to help her work on her promo ability. With Ripley working alongside the likes of Charlotte Flair, she will be ‘competing’ with one of the biggest in the company in terms of star power, experience and television nouse.

It was confirmed on this week’s episode of Monday Night RAW that Charlotte Flair has been added to the RAW Women’s Championship match at WrestleMania Backlash. That contest will now be a Triple Threat with Rhea Ripley defending her title against Asuka and The ‘Queen.’