AEW commentator and WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross recently spoke about AEW’s ratings success. Discussing how well the company has done on Wednesday nights since NXT moved, JR specifically brought up how Darby Allin has been bringing in ‘extraordinary’ numbers.

“I was surprised that we did as well as we did,” Jim Ross began on Grilling JR, talking about the first AEW Dynamite event with NXT having moved a few weeks ago. “I thought we might do [900,000], I thought that was being generous. But to do 1.2 million, that was pretty phenomenal.”

“Hopefully we will earn the trust and the dedication from the audience and the only way we’re going to do that is to have a hell of a show every week”
JR added. “Is that possible? I don’t know, but I know the effort will be there.”

Jim Ross then talked about the TNT Champion specifically. “A lot of our young talents are getting better, they’re getting over,” Ross claimed. “I think they’re getting better and assuming their roles better. Look at the ratings, quarter hour ratings for Darby Allin were extraordinary and he’s a home grown talent.”