Last night on MLW Fusion, the former Dario Cueto from Lucha Underground, now known as El Jefe, was revealed as the leader of Azteca Underground. Salina de la Renta had been abducted by one of El Jefe’s representatives and delivered to him in the show’s final scene. El Jefe informed Salina that he is building a new temple and this requires a sacrifice. While the camera cut away, it is assumed that Cueto made Salina that sacrifice.

According to comments Court Bauer made to Post Wrestling, the scene was Salina de la Renta’s send-off from the promotion. She is now gone from MLW.

“I think the character deserved a big prominent focus and a great send-off in the last scene of this era of MLW.”

MLW is looking to bring in some fresh names to its roster. They announced on Fusion last night a “2021 Draft” that will take place between now and MLW’s return on July 10th.

According to Salina’s Twitter, she was not sacrificed to El Jefe, however. Rather, she made a daring escape via helicopter and is now off to her next stop.

That’s it … I’m outta here. I’m above all this bullshit, no more “EL JEFE” that never gets shit done himself, no more being a “TEAM PLAYER” for an ungrateful company. I’M OUT …. next stop…

Stay tuned @MasterCulebra thank you for being my most loyal ally.

— Natalia Class (@salinadelarenta) April 29, 2021

MLW will be on hiatus until July 10th when they welcome back fans to Philadelphia’s 2300 Arena.