Brian Cage defeated Hangman Page last week on AEW Dynamite. He’s currently ranked #4 in the men’s singles division. Cage recently took part in an interview with the Jobbing Out podcast and spoke about his career leading up to AEW. In particular, Cage had positive things to say about his time in Lucha Underground.

“I remember the last time I was part of something that kind of slowly took the wrestling world by storm was Lucha Underground, which is still one of my favorite times in wrestling,” Cage said.

“I absolutely loved it there. And now that we’re here with another alternative – the biggest problem with Lucha Underground was finances and TV network. (In AEW), we’ve got the finances to back to the company, and we’ve got TNT. If Lucha Underground was on TNT instead of El Rey, it would have done a little better and lasted a little longer to say the least.”

#LuchaUnderground

— Brian Cage (@MrGMSI_BCage) May 7, 2021

Lucha Underground’s former Dario Cueto character recently debuted in MLW. Now known as El Jefe, he is expected to become a major part of the show. The Azteca Underground faction in MLW is thought to be El Jefe’s new venture following the demise of his “old temple.”