Wes Lee and Nash Carter, formerly known as Zachary Wentz and Dezmond Xavier, are the current NXT tag-team champions. They spoke to Metro UK recently about their time in NXT and the meaning behind their new team name “MSK.”

“It’s us. MSK is Wes Lee and Nash Carter. It’s what we stand for, it’s who we are,” said Wes Lee. He wouldn’t give away what the letters actually stand for, however.

“It’s what we do. It’s a lifestyle. It’s a mentality,” he continued.

The duo continued to say they like to “keep people guessing” about what MSK actually stands for.

“It’s like our matches,” Lee continued. “You never know what to expect from us. People identify us as highflyers, but that’s not all we do. We learned highflying because that’s what was exciting to us, but we know how to punch somebody in the mouth, we know how to snap an arm. We know how to get gritty and nasty as well – so you never know what you’re gonna get with us.”

Nash Carter continued to talk about how quickly everything has come since signing with WWE.

“The story of MSK has just been ready, set, go. Not even set! It’s just been ready, go. Everything just happened so fast, where it’s kinda hard to process. ‘Once we got the call, at least for me, I knew this is the place I wanted to be. I’ve always wanted to be a WWE superstar, I always loved WWE and this place, what we have access to, is second to none. It’s the greatest thing in the world.”