Jinder Mahal and the tag-team of Indus Sher are now a new faction on WWE RAW. The former NXT tag-team of Rinku Singh and Dilser Shanky are now known as Veer and Shanky. For Veer (Singh), his debut on WWE RAW takes place after a long journey that included a stint in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization.

In 2008, Singh won a 2008 reality television show competition in India titled “The Million Dollar Arm.” The show took Indian athletes from other sports and had them tryout in baseball as a pitcher. Prior to appearing on the show, Singh had been a high-level javelin thrower and cricket player.

After winning the competition, Singh signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates. The story was turned into the 2014 film “Million Dollar Arm.”

Along with Dinesh Patel, who also competed on the reality television show, Singh became the first Indian to sign with an MLB team and in 2009 became the first Indian to appear in a professional baseball game. He pitched in the minors and in the Dominican summer league for several seasons. Singh would go through some injuries during his minor league career, however. He got in just one inning of relief work in 2016 and his baseball career ended soon after.

WWE signed Singh to a contract in 2018. He would then help form the Indus Sher team in 2020. At the WWE Superstar Spectacle earlier this year, the duo joined forces with Drew McIntyre and faced Jinder Mahal and the Bollywood Boyz. The team have since joined forces with Jinder and debuted on the main roster. Mahal picked up a win over Jeff Hardy last night on RAW.

Upon his debut on NXT last year, Singh spoke with local media in Pittsburgh about transitioning from baseball to WWE.

“I wanted to share the journey of Rinku Singh,” Singh said. “I want to put a smile on peoples’ faces all around the world, inspire them and share my story with them. So many kids can relate to it, and WWE allows you to do that.”

He also compared the feeling of putting on a baseball jersey to stepping in-between the ring ropes.

“When I put on the [baseball] uniform, I was a totally new human,” Singh said. “Now I feel like I did when I would put a baseball uniform on. It’s game time. There’s new energy. I’m ready to go out there and perform.”