The latest episode of the A&E’s Biography: WWE Legends series focuses on the wrestling career of Booker T. It looks at the various achievements and career highlights of the veteran wrestler. However, the documentary attracted some controversy over the omittance of his 2003 feud with Triple H for the world heavyweight championship held by The Game at the time.

Booker T addressed the rumors about the feud intentionally being left out of the episode which originated from a tweet of writer David Dennis on his Hall Of Fame podcast. He claimed that he has never given the story a whole lot of credence:

“How can it be pulled from the bio, okay you talked about it – it wasn’t in there and it got pulled out, it never actually got in. To write it like that makes it seem like there was a whole lot of meat and potatoes on the bone of the story of Booker T, Triple H, WrestleMania 19.

Me personally, I’ve never given that story a whole lot of credence. They talk about the story that went into, and I understand that being a young black kid looking up to my heroes – trust me I understand that as well.”

The former world champion went on to say that he has never framed his career around one match and he got paid more money for the one match with Triple H than any other match in his life. T said that he understands why people have interest in the story. Though the former WCW star explained that for him, that’s not what his story is about:

“For me, I just want everybody to know that, that was not what my story was about at the end of the day. It’s not about the dark side of WrestleMania 19 and Booker T and Triple H. And for people to want to make it about that, I get it, I get it. I’m not naive or anything like that. I understand. But for me personally, that’s not what Booker T’s career makeup is all about.”

Booker T had a feud with Triple H in 2003 leading to a match between the two at WrestleMania 19. The angle became controversial due to its racial overtone and the fact that Triple H ended up beating his opponent clean.

The issue became a topic of discussion when writer David Dennis, who appeared in the documentary, mentioned how producers filmed him speaking about the angle. However, in the since-deleted tweet, Dennis suggested that it won’t be included in the episode, which turned out to be the case.