Jim Ross was the voice of WWE during the Monday Night Wars. He then was the voice for AEW during the Wednesday Night Wars. According to comments he made recently on his “Grillin Jr” podcast, the Monday Night Wars were far more intense.

“I’m glad that there’s no more ‘Wednesday Night Wars’. That was just a cop out for the Monday Night Wars,” Ross said. “It wasn’t nearly that extreme, in my view, but hey, If you want to believe that and that helps motivate you as a fan, adds more enjoyment to your game plan then hell, have at it, make that your agenda.”

The Wednesday Night Wars lasted from October 2, 2019 to April 7, 2021. The Monday Night Wars lasted from September 4, 1995 until WCW’s death on March 26, 2001.

During an interview last year with Sportskeeda, Tony Schiavone agreed that the Wednesday Night War is not as “cut throat” as the Monday Night version was.

“You’re right, it’s not as cut-throat as it used to be,” Schiavone said. “There is still a want to be better than the other guy, but I think competition makes everybody better and everybody would agree with that. The cut-throat nature of what it was back in the day was really exhausting.”