Stone Cold Steve Austin is the latest guest on the WWE Network series Drew & A. Austin joined former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre to discuss a number of topics surrounding his career, including the short-lived but fondly remembered Two Man Power Trip tag team alongside ‘The Game’ Triple H.

“I love working with Triple H,” Austin began, speaking to Drew McIntyre. “We hit it off when he came down to WCW way back in the day, we didn’t travel roads together but we were on the same page. We both loved bodybuilding, powerlifting. He’s a great worker, good mind for the business.”

“But Triple H, a great mind for the game,”
Austin continued, before revealing that the Two Man Power Trip concept in 2001 was his idea. “I picked his opinion on many different things, and asked his opinion on many different things when I was on my run. One of my ideas as a heel that I wanted to do was form a tag team with him, and call it The Two-Man Power Trip.”

“We were really, really trying to get some heat”
Austin stated. “Laying some heavy steel chairs down on The Undertaker, Kane, Hardys, Lita, my God.”

“We were doing everything we could in my alliance with him”
Steve Austin claimed. “Which kind of ensured that I was headed in a heat direction. Then fate hit one night in a tag match on Monday Night RAW; he blew out that quad, and that was the end of that.”

Austin finished by praising Triple H for his return in 2002 following the quad injury. “He made a successful comeback. Obviously he’s had one of the greatest runs in the history of the business” Austin concluded. “But [he’s] a guy that’s a lot of fun to be in the ring with.”