The WWE management had a very interesting response to the Blood and Guts match from AEW and now Sean Waltman has revealed his thoughts on the reaction from the company officials.

On the latest episode of Pro Wrestling 4 Life podcast, the former WWE star sat down with MLW owner Court Bauer and MLW World Champion Jacob Fatu and discussed a number of things.

Reacting to the reports that WWE officials believed the Blood and Guts match set the business back 30 years; Waltman explained that they might have been talking about the sponsors:

“When you first told me about the reaction from them, I was like, ‘Really?’ But maybe if you’re just talking about dealing with sponsors because there’s big-time corporate sponsors involved in wrestling these days, well, WWE, and so I guess I can understand why they might feel that way because wrestling gets painted with a very broad brush.”

Though when asked about the complaints from some that the match was too violent, Sean Waltman replied negatively while also explaining that wrestling does not belong to any one company:

“No, but who am I to say? Some people like that, there’s a place for a lot of things. Wrestling doesn’t belong to any one company.”

While the WWE management was not happy with the Blood and Guts match, the talent had a different reaction and many stars expressed their interest in doing something similar.