WWE SmackDown had an interesting (sort of) change to the Shinsuke Nakamura vs King Corbin feud. Corbin defeated Nakamura in a match to determine the ‘king’ of SmackDown, with Shinsuke Nakamura wanting to be proclaimed the King of Strong Style once again.

Nakamura then ‘stole’ the crown from Corbin, the crown that the ‘King’ has had since winning the King of The Ring tournament back in 2019. Nakamura then appeared in a backstage video where he said that the King of Strong Style had returned, and that he enjoyed ‘looking good.’

“I’m the real King. The King of Strong Style is back, finally” Nakamura said in the video. “Finally. I’m looking good, it’s time to take photos,” Nakamura added.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs King Corbin has not been confirmed for the WrestleMania Backlash card on Sunday, however it may end up being included as a pre-show match.

Hopefully, and I really mean hopefully, the King Corbin gimmick might now get dropped and Baron Corbin might take a different turn with his character going forward.

Shinsuke Nakamura has had a very stop start path on his career on the WWE ‘main’ roster. As NXT Champion, Nakamura appeared to be one of the prominent talents going forward, with the NJPW legend having a different type of charisma to other talents on the roster.

Sadly, Nakamura has arguably not reached the same heights, other than his Royal Rumble win and subsequent WrestleMania match against AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.