Former WWE personality and host of WWE Backstage Renee Paquette recently appeared on WrestlingINC Daily. Paquette discussed a number of topics during her time on podcast, including her former Backstage colleague, CM Punk.

Paquette and others have answered the question of CM Punk returning to pro wrestling a number of topics over the past few years. When Punk joined Backstage these questions ramped up, but now even with the hype having died down Paquette feels there’s always a chance that CM Punk will return to pro wrestling.

“I think it’s just like anything else with WWE, you just never say never,” Renee began on the podcast. “We’ve seen people come back who none of us ever thought would return. I think Punk is somebody who falls under that category. End of the day, the guy is a wrestler. That’s who he is. I feel like in some capacity, I hope we get to see Punk wrestle someone someday.”

“At this point, I don’t think anyone cares where it is”
Paquette added, alluding to the other options that Punk has available if he were to return, such as AEW, where her husband Jon Moxley of course works. “Everyone just wants to see him get back out there. Tick Tock, brother. Let’s go. There’s always going to be rumblings.”

“The fact is people just want to see him back wrestling”
Renee stated. “And whatever way that happens, if it ever does, I think people would freak. I’ll freak.”

There had been rumors in the past surrounding CM Punk and a potential run in AEW. Punk himself said a few years ago that Cody Rhodes himself had ‘texted an offer’ to the Straight Edge Superstar; something that Punk wasn’t exactly enamored with.