AAA has confirmed the date, venue, fan capacity and some matches for TripleMania this year. The promotion held a press conference today to announce the news. The media event was not televised but LuchaBlog has been providing updates through Twitter.

The event has been confirmed for Saturday, August 14th, 2021. A limited number of fans will be permitted to attend. Some matches have been made official for the event as well.

AAA Mega Champion/Impact World Champion/AEW World Champion Kenny Omega will be on the show. He’ll defend the AAA Mega title against Andrade. This comes after Andrade issued a challenge to Omega at Rey de Reyes. Callis and Omega cut a promo that was played at today’s press conference.

“This one, the belt that recommends Lucha Libre, which you so proudly represent, it’s always going to be around my waist,” Omega said. “And you should be thankful because not only do I represent Lucha Libre, I represent all pro-wrestling.”

A Reina de Reinas vs Knockouts Championship match will take place when Faby Apache takes on Deonna Purrazzo. Apache won the vacant title at Rey de Reyes and was then challenged by Purrazzo who was on commentary for the match. Purrazzo also put Apache in an arm-bar at Rey de Reyes.

Rey Escorpión will also face Psycho Clown in a mask vs hair match. They ended up getting in a brawl during the press conference.