New Japan Pro Wrestling has been hit by several outbreaks of COVID within its ranks since it returned to action.

Until now they have not named any specific wrestlers who tested positive. However, acting on his own accord, NJPW legend Kazuchika Okada admitted to testing positive.

Okada was pulled from the Wrestling Dontaku card, with initial reports being it was due to close proximity to other positive wrestlers. However, according to sources at Tokyo Sport Kazuchika Okada initially tested negative but returned a positive result after developing a fever.

NJPW pulled Kazuchika Okada, along with several other wrestlers, from cards as of May 4th. While most are making their return on the current series, Okada is still absent.

Ending the rumors, Okada openly spoke about his positive results, and vowed to return bigger and better than ever.

“I’ve revived a lot and my taste has revived. I’d like to come back to you in a healthy way and play a hot game, so everyone. Please look forward to it,” Kazuchika Okada told Tokyo Sport.

When talking about his time at home, Okada said his wife moved away for two weeks, leaving him to fend for himself. Admitting that he found an interesting way to keep himself occupied.

“I didn’t have the energy to practice,” Okada said when walking about this time off. To pass the time he openly admits developing an addiction to Korean television dramas.

One thing is for sure, once Kazuchika Okada finishes his current binge-watch, and is back to fighting shape, NJPW will be all the stronger for it.