AEW star and former IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho recently spoke to Mike Beauvais of TSN ahead of the AEW Double or Nothing 2021 PPV event. Jericho will be joining The Inner Circle to take on MJF‘s stable The Pinnacle in the second ever Stadium Stampede match.

During the interview, Jericho would address his status in New Japan Pro Wrestling, saying there is still a lot for him to do in the promotion. “There’s a lot of unfinished business for me in New Japan,” Jericho noted. “Jay White is one [potential opponent], [Minoru] Suzuki is another one that would draw big money. Kota Ibushi and [Will] Ospreay — those four guys I’d love to work with.”

“I’d love to do a ‘Golden Jets’ team — Kenny and Jericho — versus [Kazuchika] Okada and Ibushi or [Hiroshi] Tanahashi and Okada or Tanahashi and Ibushi” Jericho added. “I think that’s a Tokyo Dome main event right there.”

“So there’s a lot of stuff I’d still like to do in New Japan and as soon as we can start going over there again, I’m more than agreeable to doing more work there”
Chris Jericho would reveal. “I really enjoyed the six matches that I had there in 2018 and 2019 and think there’s plenty of room for more.”