Mark Henry‘s relationship with WWE began in 1996 when the company sponsored him in the Summer Olympics that year. The 49-year-old has now signed with AEW. His signing was announced officially during the Double or Nothing PPV broadcast.

According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Henry made his loyalty to Vince McMahon clear before speaking with Tony Khan. His contract with WWE had expired 6 months prior, however, and when it was not renewed, he made the decision to approach Tony Khan about employment. WWE did not counter what AEW offered him.

“(Henry) said he talked to Vince McMahon, spoke of his loyalty to McMahon, ahead of time even though he hadn’t been with the company, and wanted an office role, and McMahon didn’t offer him something to counter,” wrote Dave Meltzer.

As was the case with Paul Wight‘s signing, there are many wondering if we could see Mark Henry wrestle in an AEW ring. In April, Henry said he plans on wrestling again sometime this year.

“I’ll be 50 years old, and I want to be able to say I wrestled after I was 50 and had a good match,” said Henry on Busted Open Radio in April. “I wrestled in four decades, and that I was able to help somebody in the process or bring attention to somebody that nobody knew. So that’s the whole point in me doing it.”