Current NWA star Tom Latimer recently had an interview with This Is Wrestling podcast where he opened up about his battles with alcoholism in detail.

The 34-year-old star was signed by WWE in 2010 and was assigned to FCW before its rebranding to NXT. The company seemed to have some plans for him but they released him in 2012 following a confrontation with a police officer.

Reflecting on his WWE firing, Latimer recalled how the company officials had told him to seek help. However, he was in a state where the former TNA star didn’t even realize that he had a problem:

“When I got fired from WWE for a drinking related thing, for touching a cop, for one I was arrogant and I was in a good position, I thought ‘oh, I’ll be fine.” Because I’d already been arrested before that, when I’d first signed with WWE, for a DUI. So they already knew I had a drinking problem.

So when they released me, they said ‘go seek some help. Ya know, you’ve probably got a problem.’ I was still like ‘nah, I don’t have a problem.’”,
said Tom Latimer, “And that’s how I still carried on for 10 years.”

The former champion later discussed how his perception of being an alcoholic was of a homeless person who is begging for money to buy more alcohol. He admitted that it took him a long time to realize that he was an alcoholic.

Though the good news for Tom Latimer is that he has realized his mistakes. The NWA star has since gone sober. You can check out his full interview below: