A lot of wrestlers have called the pandemic era wrestling a learning experience but it’s not the case for the former AEW champion Jon Moxley. The AEW star recently had an interview with Wrestling Observer where he opened up about his experience of wrestling in empty arenas in the past year.

Talking about whether he has learned anything from wrestling in empty arenas without fans, Mox mentioned how every company has figured out a way to make it work but claimed that he ‘didn’t learn s**t’:

“Honestly, no. I don’t wanna work in an empty building; I don’t wanna work in front of fake fans. If we have to do it, I mean, we and other companies too.

Everybody, from IMPACT, Ring of Honor, New Japan, even the ThunderDome and all that, Everybody figured out a way to make it work in wrestling and in other sports too. Like hockey and all them, you know? UFC. I mean everybody figured out a way to do it but like, honestly, I didn’t learn shit.”

Jon Moxley then explained that he wants to wrestle in front of fans and feel the adrenaline of it. The former WWE champion said that he wants to do it live in front of people and hear the crowd once again:

“I want real people. I wanna walk out of the arena, I wanna walk back through the locker room, hear the crowd outside the curtain, I wanna do it live one time. F*** the pandemic.

We figured it out, we got through it but once that’s over, I’m not, you know, I would love there to be, ‘You know, I learned a very valuable lesson’ but nah, I didn’t learn shit. I wanna do it live, live people, that’s what I want.”

Jon Moxley was the pandemic era champion for AEW after winning the title in February last year. He spent most of his record-setting 277 days run as the heavyweight champion of the company in front of no crowd.