The NWA presents When Our Shadows Fall on PPV today at 4 PM est. Ahead of the show, Billy Corgan appeared on Busted Open Radio this week and spoke about a possible trilogy bout between Cody Rhodes and Nick Aldis. Corgan said he’s pitched the idea to AEW President Tony Khan.

“I’ve pitched it to Tony [Khan] a few times [Nick Aldis coming over to AEW]. It’s Tony’s world, I respect him for what he’s building. But yeah, look, I’ll say it again, Nick [Aldis] versus Cody Rhodes for a third time. I mean, that is an epic, epic matchup waiting to happen,” Corgan said.

Rhodes defeated Aldis at the All In show on September 1st, 2018. Aldis then regained the title at the NWA 70th Anniversary show on October 21st, 2018.

“I saw it happen twice in front of my own eyes and when you combine Cody with the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship and that history,” Corgan continued. “I’m sorry, I saw a look on Cody’s face that I’ve only seen when he was fighting for that title, because you can’t tell me that history does not mean something to him.”

The NWA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line at When Our Shadows Fall. Aldis will defend against Trevor Murdoch, who earned the title shot by winning a battle royal on Powerrr.

“I mean, his father’s nickname is tattooed across his chest for a reason and when your dad’s Dusty Rhodes, I mean, I’m sorry. I get goosebumps just talking about the dang thing, so I hope we see Cody and Nick down the road at some point because that to me, it’s just like, it’s just waiting. It’s just waiting,” Corgan concluded.