Billy Corgan’s NWA presented the When Our Shadows Fall PPV this weekend. Kamille defeated Serena Deeb to win the NWA World Women’s Championship on the show. Deeb had most recently successfully defended that same title against Riho on the Double or Nothing Buy-In show.

Corgan appeared on the 2 Man Power Trip podcast recently and spoke about the relationship his promotion has with AEW.

“We work everything out. Tony has been an incredible partner and I never felt like the NWA or myself wasn’t totally respected,” Corgan said on the show. “The communication is great and we talk fairly often. He’s obviously a very busy guy. When we do talk, we keep it to what is most valuable. I’m a fan of Tony. He’s been a breath of fresh air to business.”

Corgan continued to talk about Khan’s influence in wrestling. In particular, Corgan says that Khan and AEW are proving that there is room at the table for other promotions.

“It’s great to see their success because Tony is paving the way for us to make the argument that there is more room at the table for others,” Corgan continued. “Five years ago, when I was with TNA and I’d go into those meetings, we’d sit in meetings and they’d say, ‘It’s WWE and no one else.’ TNA’s biggest year generated like $39 million gross revenue, which is a big number. In those meetings, they didn’t care what I was selling. If they couldn’t make it happen, what could you say if you were [at a lower revenue], no matter how good your ideas are.”

Corgan’s NWA is back in the GPB Studios today. They welcomed fans back for the first time since the pandemic for tapings scheduled from June 5-7.

“Tony is proving there is more and you see that with them expanding their programming. They wouldn’t be expanding their programming if there wasn’t a desire for more.”

With Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb becoming regulars in AEW while still in the NWA Women’s division, it begs the question of who else could be shared between the two promotions. Could Kamille defend her newly won NWA title in AEW? Could former AEW talent and recent NWA signing Kylie Rae appear on Dynamite?

Corgan was also recently on Busted Open Radio and spoke about wanting to book a trilogy bout between Cody Rhodes and Nick Aldis.

“I’ve pitched it to Tony [Khan] a few times [Nick Aldis coming over to AEW]. It’s Tony’s world, I respect him for what he’s building. But yeah, look, I’ll say it again, Nick [Aldis] versus Cody Rhodes for a third time. I mean, that is an epic, epic matchup waiting to happen,” Corgan said.