If there is one man who could be called the voice of wrestling, then it is Jim Ross. Good Ol’ JR has been the voice of several generations, as well as being an influential figure behind the scenes. Talking on his Grilling JR Podcast, he took time out to talk about AEW’s recent Hall of Fame signing, and what is really means for the company.

Jim Ross of full of praise for Mark Henry, and while he was surprised AEW were able to coax the world’s strongest man away from WWE, he believes it shows the true intentions of AEW Rampage.

“You know he’s got a good eye for talent, he’s coachable, he likes to mentor so that was pretty cool. It gives me credence that the Friday night show Rampage is not going to be a throw away, it’s not a space filler. I was kind of surprised that Mark got out from under the WWE banner and is coming to work with our team.”

Jim Ross is not believed to be part of the Rampage team. However, he believes Mark Henry has what it takes to make the show something special. He also feels as though we will be seeing Mark Henry competing in an AEW ring also. Jim Ross also spoke about how AEW kept Mark Henry’s signing a true surprise for everybody.

“It’s a win-win for everybody I believe, and it also opens the door potentially down the road for Mark to have another match or two. He’s still got the itch; it seems to me like. I didn’t see him all day, so they kept him sequestered all day. It didn’t leak, it never got out.”

AEW need the show to hit the ground running. Especially after a run of disappointing figures for Dynamite during its recent stint on the Friday night slot. The same slot Rampage will fill.