AEW star Sammy Guevara recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. The member of the Inner Circle stable discussed a number of topics during the interview, including the leader of the group, Chris Jericho.

“Man there’s so many” Guevara began, discussing the reasons why Chris Jericho is a ‘genius’ in wrestling terms. “Just taking your time in between the moments, structuring certain things. He’s such a mastermind at this.”

“There’s a reason he’s been doing this longer than I’ve been alive”
Sammy Guevara continued. “And so anytime he says something I always try to just take it.”

“And even if I don’t see what he’s seeing, I try to understand it from where he’s coming from”
Guevara revealed. “Then by the end of it I’m like, ‘Okay, now this makes sense.’”

“He kind of has a different way of thinking”
the Inner Circle member concluded. “I don’t even know. He’s a genius. There’s so many lessons this dude has taught me and too many to really say, to be honest.”

With The Inner Circle set to continue their feud with The Pinnacle, Sammy Guevara will be able to continue to ascend the ranks. Guevara winning the Stadium Stampede II match was a huge moment for the young star, and he’s just one of the many performers who AEW have built in their first years of existence.