Eddie Guerrero is remembered as a legend in the wrestling industry but the wrestling veteran had his demons as well. His personal battles affected those who were close to him including his daughter Shaul Guerrero.

The female star who has chosen wrestling as a career too recently had an interview with Chris Van Vliet where she opened up about her experience of growing up as the daughter of the WWE legend.

During the interview, Shaul spoke candidly of her father’s issues with alcohol and drugs. She admitted to being scared of the late star during her childhood and explained that she didn’t really get to know him all that well:

“My dad scared the s–t out of me growing up, It’s no secret that he struggled with alcohol and drugs. I think unfortunately growing up until I was 12 or 13, that was pretty much all I saw. It was a complicated relationship with my dad. I didn’t really get to know him until I was 13, 14, 15. He passed when I was 15.”

Guerrero also recalled her experience on the day of her father’s passing back in 2005. She revealed who gave her the news and explained how she never had anyone truly pass away before that day:

“I was woken up by my dad’s sister Linda and my cousins, they woke us up and I have never had anyone truly pass away until that day. They brought us out into the living room and they told us what happened. I think they told me separately from my sister, because mom wasn’t there. She was completely distraught; it was a terrible day.”

Though later in the interview, Shaul Guerrero also shared some good memories of her father. She mentioned how Eddie used to do random acts of kindness all the time and told some stories of the same.

Eddie Guerrero wrestled for both WCW and WWE. He won numerous accolades in both promotions. Guerrero, unfortunately, passed away on November 13, 2005, due to heart failure, at the young age of 38.