Sasha Banks made history when she defended the SmackDown women’s championship against Bianca Belair in the main event of WrestleMania 37 night 1. During her recent appearance on the Just Women’s Sports podcast, the former champion opened up about the spot.

The former women’s champion also revealed how she felt when she found out about the position of their match on the card. Banks first mentioned that she didn’t know about her spot on the card even a week before the show. The legit boss only found out about it on the Wednesday before the big event:

“It was legit the Wednesday before WrestleMania I found out that we were the main event. And I was again so nervous because I was asking around ‘did you get the card? Did anyone tell you?’ And they’re like ‘you’re not the main event.’ And I’m like ‘nobody told me that!’”

Sasha Banks finally believed the news when the producer of their match TJ Wilson confirmed it to them. She then discussed her reaction to finally believing in the news. Banks said that she started crying instantly because it was the biggest thing one can ever do in wrestling:

“I just instantly started crying and was just like ‘wow. No way!’ Like I knew it, it’s something that I wanted. Just to finally to hear the words that ‘you’re the main event.’ It was so overwhelming, it’s bringing back tears. It’s crazy; it’s crazy, because it’s the biggest thing you can ever do in wrestling.”

The former champion mentioned how even some of her heroes haven’t gotten this chance. She explained that being an African American woman and getting the chance to live her biggest dream was a great moment.