The Zombie lumberjack match at WrestleMania: Backlash between The Miz and Damien Priest received some harsh criticism from fans after the show.

The former WWE champion and his wife recently had an interview with ComicBook.com where they talked about a number of things including a potential return for Maryse and more.

The Miz was also asked about his initial reaction to the idea of a zombie match during the interview. Replying to the question, he explained that he is the type of person who gets his creative juices flowing with any such opportunity:

“So a lot of people would be like, “What is this? Oh, my God.” I’m the type of person that goes, this allows my creative juices to do whatever the hell we kind of want. So let’s make a movie out of it.

Let’s make a meal out of it. I mean, there was a part in that match where Damian and I worked together to beat up all the zombies.”

The Miz then discussed the fan reaction to the bout. The Raw star said that it’s very easy to go online and critique something:

“And some people give us flack for going outside the box.” said The Miz, “And the problem with, I feel like, today’s world is that it’s so easy to just literally go on the Internet and just critique and say, “This is terrible. This is horrible.”

The former champion gave the example of his storyline with Bad Bunny. He explained that nobody wanted to see it until it unfolded and said that nobody wants to let things develop and get fun.