Former WWE Superstar and independent performer Matt Cardona recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. The former WWE United States Champion discussed a number of topics during the interview, including his current feud with deathmatch king Nick Gage.

“I don’t know how it started on social media” Cardona began, discussing the genesis of the feud. “Whether a fan tweeted it and I responded? And then it got kind of personal at first. I was like ‘dude, I don’t want to do this death match stuff. That’s not my style at all.’”

“But he [Gage] just kept calling me out and calling me out”
Cardona continued. “And they (GCW) even promoted me for one of their shows, when I clearly had a booking somewhere else.”

“And they had the whole crowd, like I can’t even say what they were chanting at me. So it’s like, at one point I had to stand up for myself”
Cardona stated. “Because I can’t take that. I just got to be a man and shut them up.”

Cardona appeared at the Zombie Walk PPV event earlier this month, attacking Gage following a GCW Championship match. Matt Cardona was dressed as a ‘druid,’ and started doing Jon Moxley mannerisms and even hitting the Paradigm Shift DDT. Cardona then took off the hood to reveal himself, sending the hardcore GCW ‘Universe’ (as Cardona calls them) into a frenzy.

Matt Cardona is currently scheduled to be taking on Nick Gage for the GCW Championship at GCW Homecoming in July.